Green Trading’s Vegan ‘Bulletproof’ Coffee
‘Bulletproof’ coffee was a concept originally developed by a man named Dave Asprey, who came up with the idea of adding fats from butter and MCT oil to black coffee. This high-calorie, low-carb beverage has become popular amongst those following a high fat or ketogenic diet.
It has been claimed that a Bulletproof coffee helps you to feel more satiated, slows and sustains the absorption of caffeine, is a source of fuel and energy (from the quickly absorbed MCT oil) and can help you feel alert for longer.
In this recipe below, we have created a Vegan friendly version of the bulletproof coffee, swapping butter for cacao butter (trust us this is delicious!!) and MCT oil for our Certified Organic Coconut Oil.
**FYI** MCT oil is typically a refined version of coconut oil, isolating out the medium-chain triglycerides. We choose to use our Organic Coconut Oil in its whole and natural form so that the important nutrients and fragrant flavour are retained.
- 1 Cup freshly brewed organic coffee
- 1 dessert spoon Green Trading Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 dessert spoon raw cacao butter (organic if possible)
- Sweetener if desired
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blitz for 30-60 seconds until well combined and foamy.
- Pour into favourite cup and enjoy!